Monday, June 14, 2010

Overwhelmed...


This is what my life "vehicle" feels like right now. I'm frustrated and overwhelmed. Having trouble getting my blog operating the way I want. Having a few creative blocks. And facing an absolute huge decision that will certainly change my whole life. Trying to count my blessings. Really I am. I just have so many questions. About everything.

What am I supposed to be doing? How am I supposed to do it? Am I honoring myself and my kids? Can I really make a difference? Should I really follow my "dreams"? Can Art really heal me? Do I really need to be healed?

I'm struggling to find my way back to the stillness of myself to find the answers to all my questions. And the pressure is on. I pray. ALOT! I cry. ALOT! I laugh. ALOT! It's infuriating to know I have the answers and I can't shut my head off long enough to hear them. I'm terrified. All this emotional chaos is not helping my creative efforts either. Really, I wish I was 2 for about 10 minutes so I could throw myself down on the floor and have a temper tantrum. Complete with throwing myself on the floor, kicking, and screaming. Honestly, if there's anyone else out there who has struggled like this please share your story. It would really help.

SX37FUTH4BS9

4 comments:

  1. Heather;
    I completely know what you are talking about... it is so hard when life overwhelms us. I often feel like I am sinking and I can never reach the surface though I know that we have a Creator who never gives us more than we can handle - plus He knows exactly what's happening. He knew what was going to happen even before you were born - He is in control even though it seems opposite. I've been there but I'm here today because I know for a fact that tomorrow is another day! A new beginning no matter what today looks like. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh....it sounds like you are terribly distressed and even maybe a triffle lost!
    you need to kick it into high gear girl...find you path and let it lead you!

    use art as your therapy..and the answers will flow freely through you as you create!

    come by and see me...connecting with others here in blogland can be a great source of encouragement!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could offer you advice based on my 75 years of living and 53 years of marriage. But not knowing the problem, all I can say is that what seems insurmountable today will seem like a tiny blip ten years down the road. I'd advise you not to make any major decisions while you are still at this stage emotionally. I would also advise that you reread what Kelly (above) has written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey heather! i'm so glad you stopped in to see me!

    hopefully you are inspired to come again and again!

    i'm off to poke around some more!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...