Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I needed a break...

I can't even begin to explain how long it's taken me to come to this realization. To step out of all the frustration long enough to accept what was standing right before me.

For over 2 years I've fought the creativity battle (among a huge list of others). Feeling guilty I wasn't doing something. Anything. Pushing myself to try and then getting frustrated when nothing would flow. Then feeling guilty for even trying cuz hello....there are dishes in the sink that need to be washed and 10 loads of laundry to be done.

Back and forth...back and forth...a vicious circle.

Then...light bulb moment....If I'm right where I'm meant to be right now, then this is where I meant to be. Doing....NOTHING. And learning to do....NOTHING. And learning to NOT feel guilty for doing...NOTHING.

Who made these freaking rules anyway? I mean really? Whose standards have I been living by? Not my own. And THERE is where unhappiness begins.

And I have to remind myself. I AM THAT I AM. And then I accept it. And love it. And I take another step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...