Thursday, March 8, 2012

Calling Heather on the Carpet...

Heather are you ready for this???

I'm going to start today's post with a reader's comment to my running theme for the week.

"I just found your old blog and after I hit the follow button, I saw that you have moved. I do hope that this time you stick with in. There are rewards out here in cyber-space that you can not imagine. I've only been blogging since January and I've met so many wonderfully talented women. As for you not having words, I say, JUST BE YOURSELF...never under estimate a person that God has created (that's you). Give yourself the same love and kindness that you give to others. I just know that you have a voice and I am one who would love to hear it. Five years ago I only sang in the shower. Now I sing with two groups. Hey we're not big, we sing at county fairs, farmers markets and nursing homes, but we have so much fun. I even learned guitar and would not have dreamed that I could. It all starts with that first step. So take a little plunge into the water and get your feet wet . . .you might just be surprised at how many people will love you for who you are. I'm ready to follow your blog, but I want to know if you're going to continue and give this one all you've got, first. FLY, YOUNG WOMEN, SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY!!! Your new fan, Connie you can find me at  http://crafty-home-cottage,blogspot.com"

Thank you Connie!!!  The encouragement and request to take some accountability was exactly what I needed.  After reading this I had to ask myself the question, am I really really really ready for this?  Well, yes, yes I am!

I do NOT want to live an unfulfilled life.  I want to live the life that God, (the universe, the divine, enter what ever you call it here), intended me to live. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I have not done that fully up to this point.  I don't quite understand why we make it so difficult to accept the beauty within ourselves, the worthiness, the voice.  I'm 100% guilty of doing that. Over and over again.  I've spent a lot of time devaluing the things about myself that I know to be true.  I've spent too much time accepting the judgements others have placed on my as my own.   Somehow always feeling that I wasn't worthy of using my voice, that it wouldn't make a difference, that I didn't matter.  None of those things are true.

I want to deeply thank everyone who has either posted comments or sent me private messages over the last little while.  It has been brought to my attention that some of you have started working with your art again, that you have been inspired to get back in to things you once loved, and that my words and my voice have contributed to that.  What a huge honor for me!  I feel very blessed to have been able to play a small part in your creative life.  And believe me, the words and voice you are sharing with me are contributing to my life as well.  You are inspiring me, motivating me, encouraging me to keep going.  If in such a short amount of time I can make a difference to those that I have, I cannot even begin to imagine what will happen now that I have fully committed myself to really, just being me and letting it all hang out.  :)  Thanks to each and every one of you for helping me to find the value in using my voice.  Keep doing what you're doing ladies!  You are amazing!  And one by one we can all make a difference.

On the note of "making a difference", this whole Stop Kony campaign really rattled my chain yesterday.  That will be my topic of tomorrow's post.  It's really encouraged me to take a long hard look at how I participate not only here online, but in the world as a whole, and in my own small community.

Until tomorrow my friends, have an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I agree with Connie, you have a voice, more profound than you will ever be able to fathom!! You have always inspired me, even when I was your little little sister. I've always looked up to you. I'm a better person because of your example! I hope one day that I can be your inspiration as you're mine almost daily! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...