Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Part of My Process


I hope everyone had a great weekend.  It was pretty quiet around here and very relaxing.  We were able to spend some time with friends, relax, take a small ride on the Harley, and I did get some creating done.  :)  All in all in was a wonderful weekend and I was sad to see it go.

I came to a realization over the weekend about my creative process.  I tend to create a bunch of foundations.  Projects that I've started but have no real focal point or subject.  I leave these lying around and eventually one will catch my eye and I'll have a great idea for it.  The photo above is a prime example of that.  I started the background on this several weeks ago and yesterday it jumped out and grabbed me to work on it.  I'm calling it only half done for now and will be giving her some more attention today.  

I spent a little time last night watching some YouTube technique videos.  I love watching those!  They are very inspiring and I always learn something.  I was a bit annoyed last night though, in the particular video I was watching the artist didn't name the supplies she was using and there were a few things I hadn't seen used before.  Note to self...when I start making YouTube videos be sure my supplies are listed.  :)

I've been thinking about trying a video for YouTube.  I've never done anything like that before but I'm thinking it could be fun.  As soon as I figure out how to run my camcorder and exactly how to edit everything. LOL.  My Kurty boy said he'd help me out with that.  :)  Gotta love kids and how they tend to teach you things you never knew.  I know the videos are quite a process, but I'd like to try at least one.  We'll see.  The first step is figuring out my camcorder.  If anyone has any tips or advice on this I'd love to hear it.

Well folks, it's time to get creative.  It's my goal this week to spend less time online and more time in the studio.  Hope everyone has a super fab day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...