Friday, March 25, 2011

Mix and Match...It all ends up the same...


One of my favorite books on the planet is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm nearing the end of The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx. While you may thing these two stories could not possibly have anything to do with each other...the underlying stories are the same.

Both are about people who struggle with MASSIVE amounts of grief, pain, and depression. However how they cope with those things are very different and that's another blog post altogether. What really gets me, I mean REALLY gets me, is that even though they live totally different lives, the pain they feel is...the same! And anyone who has ever hurt can relate to both. It proves to me how connected we all really are. That while our experiences and lives may be very different, we can all relate to each other on some level. I think we forget that. I think we forget that everyone we share this planet with is human too.

In Nikki's book there is a journal entry that goes something as follows, "They say that if you're looking, you'll never find whatever it is you're looking for." And for me that's a big reminder to CALM THE **** DOWN! I don't have to know what I'm doing tomorrow today. I don't have to have some big plan. I don't have to keep pushing myself in a direction I'm not entirely sure I want to go just because I feel like I have to have a plan. All I have to do is just LET IT BE. And remember, where I'm at now is exactly where I'm meant to be, because there is a lesson to be learned here. God will help me take care of the rest. He always has. Live in the moment and pay attention. Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...