Friday, March 2, 2012

Finally Friday Post...Miss Fortune or Misfortune?

Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me.  In a really really great way.  I did something so out of my comfort zone it was flat out crazy.  I'm really still in awe about it.  Long story so I won't go in to details right now.  I'm sure that at some point in the future I will, but I want to see how the story "ends" first.  However, the events that have transpired in the last couple of days have pushed me to refine my "dream", in writing, and actually put it out there.  It's frightening and exhilarating all at the same time.

I'm certain that it's obvious my goals and dreams are art related.  But it goes much deeper than that.  See I could achieve all the fame, glory and money an artist can have and it still wouldn't be enough.  I still wouldn't feel successful and fulfilled.  Why?  Because for me it's not only about the art.  Let me pose this question to you....
Misfortune? or.....
Miss Fortune?

It's really all in how you look at it.  Right? After a "series of unfortunate events" my life for all outer appearances looks like a mess.  Let's face it.  I'm "struggling" to become a successful artist.  I'm "new" in this whole art business.  I have no following yet, no voice, I'm still working on becoming better with my art every day, I'm very very green.....as in new.  I'm still a baby in all this. We live paycheck to paycheck at my house and the money always runs out before the month.  I'm still in financial ruin from my last divorce, and who knows how long that will last in this economy.  Every single day is a struggle to survive.  Or is it?  To anyone on the outside looking in I'm sure this would be what it appears to be. And the stories I could tell you about my past, things that happened I had no control of, well they may make your toes curl.  For all intents and purposes I should not be here.  It would have made more sense if I'd have thrown in the towel years and years ago or been killed.  But I am still here. I wasn't killed, and I didn't throw in the towel.  Nor will I ever.  Simply because it's all so much bigger than me.  And it's about more than just me.  It's about you too!

And my friends, that is why I am here.  To show all of you that YOU can not only be a survivor, but you can help and inspire others too.

In my life it has all happened to make me Miss Fortune, the events have not been misfortune.  They have brought me to this place where I have grown so much from everything , become a better person, realized how very blessed I am, and that my true dream is to inspire and motivate others to keep moving forward.  To hang in there.  To kick this life right in the ass and live it with everything you've got. Why not? 

I experienced the true meaning of success yesterday when one of my besties called me on the phone and shared these words with me, "that was AWESOME! You inspired me!  Are you sure you weren't meant to be a motivational speaker?".  AND I had a friend on Facebook comment that one of my art pieces inspired her.  HELLO....THAT right there is the true meaning of wealth and success!  No amount of money could have bought what I felt in that moment. To know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I made a difference in someone else's life was the greatest gift I could ever ask for. And how blessed am I to have the honor to participate in anyone's life like that!  It's amazing!

I'm going to keep working my butt off, not only for myself, but for everyone.  Just to show that if someone with my background can do it and make a difference, so can you!

Yes, there will come a day that I achieve "worldly" success.  That is a goal of mine.  I want to provide a great life for my family and enable them a safe place that they can follow their dreams as well.  I want a "name" in this world.  For this reason...the bigger my "name", the more lives I can touch.  The more people I can inspire and help. Because everyone is worthy of love and there are few greater things than to be inspired. And there is no greater success than making a difference in the life of another human being. 

And if for any reason you think I can't do it....all I have to say is....Sit back and watch me!

Everyone have an amazing Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...