Friday, May 30, 2014

Where Did That Week Go?

I can't believe it's Friday already.  This week just flew!  Welcome to summertime.  Here are a few photos of yesterday's project.  If you are my friend on Facebook you've already see them, however this first one I didn't share yesterday.  This is one of two commissioned pieces I've been working on. 


Sometimes it's nice having "live at home" models.  I'm just not good will selfies.  Especially when it comes to jewelry.


I really really love the earthy feel to this piece.  Like alot!  This is only the second time I've worked the chain into the piece.  Usually I finish up the pendant, throw it a ball chain, and let the customer decide what they want to use for chain.  This pendant just needed to be a full piece.  It looked unfinished alone.  I'm so so glad I took the extra time.  My client loves it too! :)  I will for sure be doing more full pieces.


The focal is made from an orange Tiffany (Bertrandite) cabochon.


I've gotten a little crazy about stepping away from mass produced, commercial products.  Now granted, I do have some commercial supplies I will use up (because I hate wasting anything, ever), but I have committed myself to keeping my pieces as authentically handmade as possible.  With that in mind I created all the connectors and components on this piece.  I'm really excited about cutting out the big chain stores for supplies.  I've asked a few questions on Facebook, done some research, and been able to find handmade beads from other artists that I absolutely love.  Once I get all the metalsmithing tools I want I'm going to get a kiln and move into making my own beads as well.  Seriously, there are so many variables in jewelry art I don't see myself ever getting bored with it.

I hope all of you have a wonderful, safe weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...