Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Crossroads

Morning all. There has been so much going on here "behind the scenes". Things I've chose not to share here on my blog. Life is changing. Lives around me are changing. And the impact of all of it is just crazy amazing.

A few months back I came to a fork in the road of my life. I could choose to stay on the path I'm on. Continue in the same direction I have for so many years, or I could hang a left and see where I ended up. Well, for those of you who know me well, you won't be surprised that I hung a left. I've spent the last few month traveling down a road so thick with fog I've had to walk slow. I'm still not to where I can see the road before me, but I am continuing forward.

When the fork first appeared a good friend of mine said, "Heather I know you, and I know when you get your teeth into something you are just like a Bulldog." That one comment has been what I have had to lean on as I have been confronted with the new obstacles of this path. Thanks Kim, for such a strong vote of confidence. You'll never know how much I needed it.

I'm still not sure what I will find further down the road. But I have learned so much about myself during the journey. I have realized that I am capable of so much more than I thought I was. I can be absolutely terrified and move forward anyway. Yes, there are times when the fear and resistance slows me down, but I still keep moving ahead.

I'm climbing another mountain on this path, praying that it's the last in the beginning of my new travels. I know there will be more on down the road as this new adventure takes shape. But I have to clear this mountain to be able to move forward with life in this direction. I'm holding my breath and praying for rain. Keeping my fingers crossed, throwing salt over my shoulder, and trying not to step on any cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...