Monday, March 22, 2010

The great escape...

5:00am Saturday morning and D is kicking my grouchy butt out of bed. Gotta get going. Paige had a dance competition bright and early and then we were off to Lehi for the State Bowling Tournament. Congrats to Paige, her team took 3rd place. :) Watching her grow up is so bittersweet. I'm so proud of her and the way she faces her fears. She just digs in and gets it done, no matter how afraid she is. I really admire that about her. I often times find myself completely paralyzed by fear these days. So I do nothing. I never really used to be like that, and fear infuriates me. But it's a little hard to keep pushing forward in the face of total destruction and failure. That's finally getting easier. I just feel like I've been in survival mode for so long I'm not sure I remember how to really start pushing forward again. But I'm trying. :) The creative juices are flowing again and I KNOW that's a step in the right direction.

Lehi was great fun! There was a group of really great people from home bowling as well, and that made all the difference. D and I hit Texas Roadhouse after for dinner and that was an adventure. I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out. The food fight was probably pushing the limit a bit. :) My sincerest apologies to our waiter and those we were seated near us. :) I should have warned the staff when I made our reservation. You really just never know what's going to happen when the two of us are together. We honestly could have a great time ANYWHERE! And I love the times we get to hang out just the two of us. It's always fun with friends, or with the kids, but we don't very often get to have it be just us.

And now we're to Monday and there is so much to get done. :) But after a great weekend I am feeling a little more motivated and de-stressed. Hoping for a little time to take pics of the new project I started last week to post here. I'd love some feedback. Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...