Monday, November 5, 2012

A Reminder to Swim

I have to share this today...

 

This poem has to be one of my all time favorites.  Tyler Knott has a bunch of amazing stuff on his site if you'd like to check him out.   But this one, this is the one I read on the "rough" days.  You know what I mean.  When all you're doing is just "treading water and trying to keep your head above the waves".  We all have those days.  Money gets tight, we get overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done, we hit autopilot and the rat race begins.  I'm tired of that.  I've had enough.  I've had a change of perception to go along with it.

Today is a perfect example.  I seriously have a list nine miles long of "crap" that needs to be done.  And the anxiety is heavy.  It's Monday and I'm already behind.  And I know I need to shift my attitude quick or I'm going to blow this whole day.  Instead of stressing about everything I won't get done today, I start prioritizing.  And I start looking for the opportunity to SWIM instead of TREAD.  I ask myself, "What needs to be done today to make tomorrow better?".  That's where my priorities are, and those priorities are also my opportunities to swim instead of tread.  The simplicity of knowing what I'm doing today will make my tomorrow better replaces the anxiety with motivation, ambition, and a strong sense of productiveness.  Those three things always put a smile on my face.

Happy Swimming Everyone!  Have an awesome Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...