Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Slow Ride Dreamer

"Slow Ride ... Take it Easy"  I love that Foghat song.  It's one of those that the lyrics pop in my head every now and then.  A reminder that the road to where I want to be is going to be long, and not to forget everything in between my starting point and my destination.

I tend to be impatient, more with myself than anyone else.  When I started this whole art thing seriously I knew it was going to take time.  I knew it was going to be a long road.  I knew it was going to be a huge lesson in trying to keep the balance in every aspect in my life.  I knew there would be days of frustration and also days of celebration.  Pretty much comes with anything. Right?  I'm please to say that the last week has been a week of celebration.

Six ACEO prints are traveling to new homes throughout the US right now, along with an 8x10.  Zazzle awarded me with a "Today's Best" award for my Iphone cover.  And I'm currently working on a tutorial for a guest designer post on another blog. So right now I'm going to stop for just a minute and say "YAY ME!". 

I still feel so green in all of this.  Awkward and clumsy.  Tripping over my own self most days.  Pushing myself to practice.  Pushing myself to keep trying.  Pushing myself to keep learning.  Pushing myself out of my comfort zone.  Now finally seeing some progress.  And in my little moment of celebration I feel that burn to push harder, work harder, be better, and continue on. 

I'm very excited about the guest designer post.  This will be my first artsy tutorial and the first time I've really shared any of my process or techniques.  Truthfully, I really didn't think anyone would be interested.  I'm pretty much self taught and have just figured things out as I went.  I'm hopeful that when the post goes live (Sept. 17, 2012) I can share something new with all of you.  Something maybe you haven't thought of before, maybe a technique or better way of doing things.  I guess we will see how it goes. 

In the meantime I want you all to know your feedback IS very important to me.  I want to know what YOU think.  If you have questions about anything please don't hesitate to contact me.  Remember someone is always listening.  You can always catch up with me privately on my Mischievous Creations Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...